Ashton Hall, St. Peter
The Coleridge & Parry School represents the amalgamation of two schools: the Coleridge School, built opposite the St. Peter' Church rectory; and the Parry School, built opposite the St. Lucy's Parish Church. Qilliam Hart Coleridge, Barbados' first Anglican Bishop, and Thomas Parry, Barbados' second Anglican Bishop, were both interested in the society and gave some of their personal allowance to help build the schools.
The two schools were established by the Anglican Church sometime between 1825 and 1852, and were recognised by the colonial government in 1881 as secondary grammar schools for boys.
Palmam Qui Meruit Ferat (Let Those Who Excel Receive The Prize).
Our Vision is a school where all stakeholders in education work together to transform Coleridge & Parry School into the Magnet School of the North.
Our mission is to forge a partnership with all stakeholders in education to promote a culture of excellence with the main focus on student learning and development. We intend to produce responsible citizens capable not only of functioning in today's world, but also of transforming it.
All hail Coleridge and Parry!
Shining beacon upon a hill,
Founded on principle and charity,
Guide of our intellect and will.
A tribute to our history,
Reflections of glory and fame,
Leading onward to the future,
Bearing the honour of Your name.
All hail benign Alma Mater,
As sportsmen and scholars we prevail;
Let they who excel receive the prize,
ALL HAIL TO THEE, ALL HAIL!