The St. Michael School was built by the St. Michael's Vestry to provide secondary education for girls of the type given by English Grammar Schools.
The school ws officially opened on 7th May, 1928.
It at present a Government co-educational day school offering free secondary education to approximately 950 pupils from first to sixth form. The school accepted its first class of boys in September 1979. The Sixth Form was reintroduced in September 2011.
Nisi auxilio dei nihil (Nothing without help from God).
The mission of The St. Michael School is to provide high quality secondary education in the moral, social, academic, technical-vocational and physical areas for all students, equipping them with the resources to function successfully in a changing, technology-driven environment.
In this School we learn to live
For truth and knowledge are our quest
In this place we learn to give
Always of our very best.
To our motto we'll adhere
And follow where past pupils trod;
For to us the way is clear
"Nothing without help from God."
St. Michael through the years ahead
Loyally we'll play the game,
Always striving hard to bring
Honour to your cherished name.
As to school so to our land
Ever will we faithful be,
Striving with our brain and hand
Now and for posterity.